Do I need a VISA for India? This must have been your first thought while considering your trip to India. Well, yes you do and here’s how to get one.
Can you apply for indian visa online?
Yes, you can!
India has recently allowed citizens of certain countries to apply for e VISA for india from the comfort of their own homes through the government of india online visa website (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html) This e-Tourist VISA or eTV India allows short term travellers to get an Indian tourist VISA quickly, with all submissions like documents, photographs and payment being online.
Here’s what you need to know as per the VISA Policy of India!
- International travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit can apply for e-VISA India.
- The tourist’s passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- The traveller should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- This facility is NOT available to travellers having passport issued in Pakistan or whose origin is Pakistan.
- This facility is NOT available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- This facility is NOT available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual tourist should have a separate passport.
- This facility is NOT available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Scanned copy of information page of your passport in PDF format.The size of the scan has to be between 10 KB and 300 KB.
- Digital passport style photograph with the following requirements:
- Format - JPEG, Size: between 10 KB and 1 MB,
- The height and width of the photo must be equal that is it has to be a square photo.
- Photo should present full face, front view with open eyes.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain, light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- The photograph has to be without borders.
- Application PDF (which you can fill out from the Online Order Form. You will need to type your answers, save the PDF and upload it to the form.)
- Eligible candidates for the Indian VISA may apply online, minimum 4 days in advance of date of arrival with a window of 30 days.
eTV fee is non- refundable.
- The eTV is valid up to 30 days from date of arrival.
- An eTV holder is allowed for maximum 2 visits in a calendar year.
- An eTV on arrival is only single entry, non extendable, non convertible and NOT valid for visiting protected/restricted and cantonment area.
- If you are in India on business, you will need to apply for a business VISA India.
Emergency VISA India is only granted to US Citizens and only in case of death, medical emergency relating to a close relative namely, parent, spouse or sibling.
- Do US citizens need a VISA for India? Yes, they do. Countries Eligible for VISA on Arrival in India can be checked here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/eTV_revised_fee_final.pdf
- How much does an Indian VISA cost? India VISA Cost for US Citizens can be checked here: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/eTV_revised_fee_final.pdf
- How long does it take to get an Indian VISA? Indian VISA processing time is a minimum of three working days to process the case and issue a visa depending upon the nationality and excluding special cases.
- Can we get VISA on arrival in India? Yes, the countries eligible for VISA on arrival in India can be checked for here: https://www.immihelp.com/nri/indiavisa/tourist-visa-on-arrival.html
Now, after you have your VISA and you have your travel confirmed, you would want to look into purchasing a local sim card in India.
For a head up, getting a sim card in india can be quite a daunting task and even after getting one, your phone may just not work. Why?
Read here: https://www.trabug.com/blog/How-to-get-SIM-card-for-calling-and-data-in-India/
Therefore, you can totally avoid purchasing a SIM card and struggling with your phone when you can get Trabug!
Trabug saves you all the above hassle. All you have to do is book Trabug online and submit your KYC documents online. You get a Phone with a 4G connection that works across India and is compatible with all the networks of the country. You can recharge your phone on the go in case you run out of data or calling. This can be done from any location in India.
Trabug offers a smartphone and a wifi device powered by a 4G connection. It is available on rental basis.Trabug is designed by and for travellers. It is for anyone visiting India. Whether you are travelling for business, leisure or to meet family and friends, Trabug provides a hassle free experience of staying connected in a foreign country.
Trabug is a 4G SIM card mobile phone in India (android smartphone) and saves the hassle of purchasing an Indian SIM card for foreigners. It comes for a lot less than the actual 4G sim card price in the Indian shops. This is awesome because
The plans offered on the phone can be viewed on the site. There’s a good variety to choose from but not too much to confuse you either. International roaming costs for other service providers are generally high whereas the international roaming costs almost and even less than $2 a day for people who stay for longer durations. Therefore, Trabug definitely saves you both time and money and gives a lot more than just a sim card to use in India.
This is a small convenient pocket sized device that you can rent on per day basis. The device gives you access to high speed internet (4G) and lets you connect upto 10 devices. It is handy and lasts upto 6 hours after 1 full charge. It can be charged again using a regular USB android cord. It comes with a companion app.
For pricing, plans and more information; visit https://www.trabug.com/pricing/
- 4G internet speed.
- Personal wifi password so no one else can use it
- Hotspot Connectivity upto 5 devices on the phone and 10 on the pocket wifi.
- Calling (International and Domestic).
- Specially Curated Content
- Emergency Services
Get it here: https://www.trabug.com/
It’s true as an iPhone user the system is a little different , however the pairing facility means ,for most things I could use my iPhone.
My suggestion is to get unlimited wifi as it’s a great deal.in hotels etc now they charge daily for wyfy use…..
I was impressed with the coverage even in pretty remote areas !
The help was friendly and personal.
The taxi service ola was superb and saved us hassle wiith being overcharged.
No doubt get this service much better than faffing about with SIM cards!
A great idea !”